Thursday, March 15, 2012

Prezzy Bad News!

The Royals' took a pretty serious hit on Wednesday, when they announced that $7 million catcher Salvador Perez is to have surgery on his left knee. You Herd right, Just as I stated a few times that the Royals needed to overcome the Injury bug, we'll, not off to the best start. Yes, they do have a, in my opinion, Fairly decent Back up in Brian Pena who was quoted saying this, 


"I knew from the beginning that this was his team, and I was ready to back him up," Pena said. "It's unfortunate that this injury happened, but me personally, I'm ready. I feel I know these guys on our pitching staff. I've been working with them the last couple of years, and I feel right now that we're going to be very good. With our bullpen and [Bruce] Chen, [Luke] Hochevar and [Jonathan] Sanchez, I think we're going to be good and we'll try to hold on until the big man comes back." courtesy of Kcroyals.com


Well pena, I hope you Guys can hold on too, cause Estimated Recovery time for the Injury 4-6 weeks. yeah, thats about a month and a half to wait and 2 months if they want him fully healthy. The man has an arm like a young yadier Molina as well as the accuracy. He will defiantly be a huge loss for the team but at least it happened early in spring training and not later. Again Pena isn't a bad replacement although he hit .196 last season due to a knee injury, he's looking to rebound this season, as he usually hits for an average of .270. not to mention he has a great throwing arm and has a fairly accurate throw. So royals fans pay close attention over the next few weeks and watch closely to see what happens. Will Pena be right or will the Royals struggle? feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment