Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First Home Stand Sweep Ever?

Sadly the Royals have not won one home game this season, they have lost 10 of 10 at home and now their 11th in a row as the Blue Jays walk out of kauffman stadium with a 4 game sweep........ The Royals put up the Runs, but when the opposing teams would come back the Royals just lost all momentum. Its like no one even cared until last night when the team finally held their heads down to the ground. they looked like a bunch of, well, losers. No one was happy, including manager Ned host who said this,"It was a horrible homestand. We didn't win any games, but they played their tails off," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "We didn't play well. I'm not going to cover up the fact that we didn't play well. But it's a group I believe in." Well duh Coach Yost, no doubt it was a horrible home stand, thats obvious, but sadly I still believe in this team too, I think this can jump start us, but if I am proven wrong again after this next week and pick up no wins. I`m done believing for the season. Yes, I am a dedicated Royals fan, there on Opening day, and the day after opening day, and the I was there Last friday for Buck night. 3 games and 3 losses, never happened to me before. If the pitching can't get comfortable, call up your farm team or make an attempt at Roy O to get your bullpen join, let him prove he's good and have trade offers for him. get a really good hitter or good almost ready to go young pitchers. good news for the Royals, in 1899 the Cleveland Spiders lost 24 in a row and went 20-134. they had lost 10 at home and never won for 2 more weeks, and finally pulled out a 3 game win streak sweeping the yankees. strangely the Royals play the yankees 9 days from today, hopefully winning some games before they return home. A lot is to be done, but they need to take it one game at a time. I keep getting the question, are you worried yet? I always say nope, but my answer will soon change if we don't get clicking. the Royals head off to cleveland looking for some revenge against the Indians tonight. This will be the start of a 9 game road trip for the Royals, who are 3-3 on the Road this season. Good luck to the boys in blue and just remember fans, we are only 3 games out of 4th place in our division.

No comments:

Post a Comment